ORIGIN RECORDS 2011
Mixed and recorded by Bill Anschell at Bill Anschell Studio
Mastered by Eric James at Philosophers Barns Mastering
2011 Northwest Jazz Recording of the Year
– Earshot Jazz Golden Ear Awards
– Thomas Conrad, JazzTimes FULL REVIEW
"An excellent set."
– Adam Greenberg, allmusic.com FULL REVIEW
"Anschell stretches and bends the familiar melodies to near-breaking point, in turns ruminative, playful, dark, and sparkling...Figments: Bill Anschell alone and letting go, taking a risk that pays off nicely."
– Dan McClenaghan, allaboutjazz.com FULL REVIEW
"I haven't enjoyed anything this much in years."
– Ric Bang, Jazz Scan FULL REVIEW
"Anschell's 'fooling around' amounts to a postmodern study of American music... Anschell hits a walk off grand-slam with Figments."
– C. Michael Bailey, allaboutjazz.com FULL REVIEW
"'Figments' is abstract, free and accessible. It offers the listener a personal view of Bill Anschell's musical mind... All around a very good album worthy of anyone's time and ears."
– The JazzLine FULL REVIEW
"Figments...has the qualities of nocturnal reminiscing -- relaxation, free association, bemusement."
– Doug Ramsey, Rifftides FULL REVIEW